Financial problems can be extremely stressful especially if you need the money instantly. Emergency expenses such as for health reasons, tuition, bills, repairs, mortgage on imminent due date, and more can strike when you least expect it. For average-earning employees, facing these financial deadlines could mean sleepless nights and inevitable headaches. So, what could be a possible solution? You may opt to apply for what is referred to as payday loans.
Payday loans are generally short-term loans that offer a quick solution to your financial woes and can be paid on your next payday, hence, the name. Most of these payday loans are offered to people who needs money urgently and are willing to repay during the next payday with a hefty interest factored in. Payday loan companies are now growing at a considerable rate, making it one of the industries often searched on the web. Availing this loan is considered simpler as compared to other loans that banks and financial institutions offer.
Payday loans are unique in terms of the application, processing, as well as the turn-around time. While most of the lenders boast ‘a no credit checking’ system, borrows still need to pass certain criteria to qualify. For example, borrowers must be of legal age and must possess a bank account. Another important requirement is to provide a document that would ensure that you have a steady earning and would be able to repay the amount loaned on time. Many lenders require completion of a document before the loan is processed. One of the easiest and most convenient method to apply is by sending all forms and requirements online. It is also vital to point out that such type of loan is far more lenient than traditional loans you know. For instance, people with awful credit score may still avail of the services.
The Amount and the Payment Terms
Generally, the loanable amount varies per state or per country. For instance, in the US, there are still states where payday loans are deemed illegal. However, in some states, borrowers can borrow between $50- $10,000 depending on the credit score. It is important to understand; however, that even if you borrow a hefty amount of money, you still have to repay it within a short period of time.
Lenders also charge borrower’s interest rates called the APR (short for the Annual Percentage Rate). Although states have their own ways of imposing strict APR’s on loans, the interest rate calculated on payday loans is still considerably higher than the regular type of loans. An average of 20% of you loaned amount is a conservative estimate of the interest that could be possibly added to your loan principal. A rolling interest is imposed once a borrower fails to pay right on time. It is always best to check whether your state has specific restrictions on payday loans to avoid any unnecessary charges. Get to know the local regulations and you would be able to apply for a loan with no problem at all.
Availing short-term loans can be advantageous, too. Check the following list to further understand the upside of this type of loan:
• Easy processing of the loan. As most applications can be completed online, approval and release of loan can be done within the day. Most providers deposit the amount loaned within 24 hours or the following business day. Having a quick access to money is one of the biggest advantages of this loan.
• Convenient repayment channels. There is no need to go to the office as borrowers can repay their loaned amount through an auto-debited account. This is why an active current or checking account is necessary to provide upon the application period.
• Having a bad credit history is not a problem. Most banks would turn down applicants with bad credit standing. With payday loans, this point is waived.
• No collateral required. No hassle and no other documents required apart from the application form ad banking details.
• Not all states are legally authorized to offer payday loans. You must check this info first.
• The cost and fees are considerably high. The APR, as well as processing fees, can be higher than other types of loans. If you are unwilling to pay for massive interest rate, then it is better to study your other options well.
• Being unable to pay on time also leads to bigger penalties and interests.
With a number of payday loans providers, it is a must to make comparisons. For instance, reading reviews will be helpful. Borrowers must also remember that these loans are designed to provide a solution. Therefore, it is a must to repay on a timely manner. Otherwise, a bigger financial problem may come your way. In other words, use payday loans as a way to resolve the problem and not as a platform to get into a bigger one.